Every shower has its unique features and needs. Choosing the right New Glass Shower Enclosure for your shower makes all the difference in the world.
- 1. How “frameless” do you want the look of your shower to be?
- 2. How many showerheads or sprays are shooting toward the glass?
- 3. What is more important for you…price, function, design, stability, maintenance?
- 4. Will your glass be set on a curb (threshold) or directly on the floor?
- 5. What color is your tile…do you want a standard, generic clear glass (greenish hue) or will it require a low-iron less green style?
- 6. Do you have room for a swing style or only a sliding bi-pass style?
- 7. Will your mounting surfaces be pitched properly to shed water back toward the drain?
- 8. How tall do you want your glass to be? Will you have sufficient airflow for ventilation?
- 9. How wide do you need your finished opening to be?
- 10. Depending on the thickness of glass you choose, will your hinges hold the weight of the door?
- 11. Are there proper studs behind the wall to support the weight of the door? (If you don’t know… don’t worry, we have the solution.)
- 12. Will there be obstructions to a swing door both inward and outward? (toilets, sinks, vanities, etc.)
- 13. Is it advantageous to have a door swing inward as well as outward?
- 14. Will your shower be a “Steam” shower?
- 15. What tile and substrates are used on your walls?
- 16. Are their neighbors beside or below your shower?
If you are ready to get started contact a MY Shower Door professional today. We help guide you through the decision-making process and offer you the right enclosure for your project.
Keep In Touch
Follow us on social media to stay up to date with the latest updates.