D3 Glass was announced as a FINALIST as Florida’s Manufacturer of the Year.
The Sterling Council and FloridaMakes announced today the 23 manufacturing companies in a field of over 160 nominees who have been named as finalists for the Sterling Manufacturing Business Excellence (SMBE) Awards. The winners, chosen from among the finalists, will be announced during the 30th Annual Governor’s Sterling Awards Banquet on June 3 at the Gaylord Palms resort in Orlando.
The Sterling Council and FloridaMakes collaborate on the SMBE awards to recognize the state’s high-performing manufacturers. Manufacturing companies were judged in several categories of criteria, including leadership, strategy, customers, measurement, analysis and knowledge management, workforce, and operations. For more information about the process please visit The Florida Makes website.
Finalists for the 2022 SMBE awards are:
- Bacardi Bottling Corporation (Jacksonville)
- BAE Systems – Jacksonville Ship Repair (Jacksonville)
- Biorep Technologies, Inc. (Miami Lakes)
- Cathedral Corporation – Orlando Facility (Orlando)
- D3 Glass, LLC (Fort Myers)
- Genplant (Green Cove Springs)
- Harmar Mobility, LLC (Sarasota)
- HF Scientific (Fort Myers)
- Limbitless Solutions (Orlando)
- Lippert/Taylor Made (Bradenton)
- MDC Precision (Sarasota)
- Mullett’s Aluminum Products, Inc. (Sarasota)
- PPi Technologies Group (Sarasota)
- Sarasota Medical Products, Inc. (Sarasota)
- SeaSucker, LLC (Bradenton)
- Shaw Development (Bonita Springs)
- Solar Stik, Inc. (St. Augustine)
- Strand Core (Milton)
- Stryker (Weston)
- Sy-Klone International (Jacksonville)
- Unison Industries (Jacksonville)
- VeeThree Electronics (Bradenton)
- West Frazer, Inc. (McDavid)
D3 Glass is a “state of the art” fabrication, lamination and tempering facility located in Ft Myers, Fl. Since opening in 2013, D3 has grown to SW Florida’s premiere flat glass wholesale distributors and service much of Florida.
Currently, D3 is the Lee County “Manufacturer of the Year” and is a Finalist in the State of Florida “Sterling Awards” for top manufacturing Practices and Processes across all manufacturing industries.
We are so proud of our team at D3 Glass to be recognized by experts from across the State of Florida. We strive for continuous improvement and deliver an extremely quality product, on time, to our customers
~ Bill Daubmann, President and Founder
“These companies are fantastic examples of manufacturing excellence in Florida, contributing to Florida’s continued advancement through the rankings of the top states in the U.S. for manufacturing productivity. On behalf of everyone in the FloridaMakes Network and our partners across the state, I want to congratulate the finalists on their achievement and commitment to this rigorous assessment process.”
~ Kevin Carr, CEO of FloridaMakes
“Manufacturing is a critical sector here in Florida, and our manufacturers set the bar for the rest of the nation. We are pleased to honor these twenty-three outstanding Florida organizations who are role models in their industries and are deserving of this prestigious award.”
~ John Pieno, Founder and Chairman Emeritus of the Sterling Council